Sunday, February 07, 2010

triple whammy

In my beloved apartment at 394 The Riverway in Boston I did not have an electric blanket but an electric undersheet that turned on before bed time in winter took snuggling under the covers to an Olympic gold medal high.

I never even thought to look for such a thing in Switzerland.

Coming back to Switzerland imagine my delight to discover that my housemate had not only found them, but had purchased one for each of our beds. But it offers two more joys.

Put PJs flat under the duvet and over the sheet and turn on the heating mat. Not only is the bed toasty, but when you change in the cool air of the house, the warming both physical and psychological starts immediately.

When my back hurts (yes Mighty Mom the exercises do help and I do them regularly), it acts as a heating pad.

It's triple whammy...

No comments: