Thursday, April 04, 2024

Stove Stories

 


Food was a major part of my growing up with two great cooks: my grandmother who cooked traditional New England dishes and my mother who was a gourmet cook.

We would discuss lunch at breakfast and dinner at lunch. 

Meals were not just for good food but for sharing sometimes about the day, sometimes about activities, sometimes about current events, sometimes about books we read or TV shows we'd watched.

My mother had a late career as a journalist and after retirement, had a column Stove Stories in the Lawrence Eagle Tribune. She put them into a cookbook, but didn't publish it before she died.

I've put them into a blog. stovestories.blogspot.com

More than once in search of nostalgia for a certain dish and taste memory, I will go back to them. It works.


No comments: