Saturday, October 03, 2015

Two Jessicas



American-style BBQ is not common place in Geneva, and truck foods seems are a new phenomena.

Thus when we heard about Funky BBQ on Facebook, we wanted to try it. They do publish their location and today, we were only a couple of block away at lunch time.

"Can you speak English?" one of the servers asked. I'd been on the phone to my housemate to see if she wanted us to bring anything home. She did and we did.

The truck was manned by two charming women named Jessica, one from Tennessee and one from California. The choices included corn bread, baked beans (not Boston), cole slaw, ribs, pulled pork, chicken and a bit of European boar.

Yes...

The smell in the car just made us hungrier and I don't think people ever sat down to a meal so fast.

After lunch, the smell was still on my hands reminding me there are a couple of ribs left over.

This will not be the last time we track them down.

No comments: