Saturday, October 27, 2018

Saturday

Waking on Saturday morning to:
  • See my husband and dog safely next to me
  • Reading in bed
  • Drinking tea in bed
  • Listening to the rain on the skylight
  • A hot, hot shower
  • Eating the first kaki of the season
  • Watching Thé ou Café
  • Doing our language cards (French for him, German for me)
  • Playing with Sherlock
  • Watching my husband decide to read to not disturb Sherlock who settled on his lap.

Granted nothing is spectacular but it is the type of morning that is peaceful reminding me of how lucky I am. 


1 comment:

Miss Footloose said...

I think it is good to be reminded how important it is to value the 'small' things that make up ordinary life. Yes, you are lucky. I am lucky too, and it became even more clear after a terrible health scare recently. It's the small things like you describe that make for happiness, not fancy possessions.