Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Unicorns


Merriman Webster defines unicorn as "a mythical, usually white animal generally depicted with the body and head of a horse with long flowing mane and tail and a single often spiraled horn in the middle of the forehead."
My husband is a unicorn.

No he doesn't have four-feet and a horn.

Being out of the US for so long there are new names and phrases that crop up such as Snowflake that I am hearing for the first time in a different application than I previously knew.

One of those is I unicorn yesterday which I came across on Facebook yesterday.

A working woman was complaining that the household was her responsibility. If she asked her husband to do something, he would, but he would never notice anything himself. She was tired of the responsibility.

A robust response followed from husbands who would do nothing to comments, on working vs. stay-at-home women, to those that would do something when asked.

There were a few husbands who assumed responsibility for routine chores without being asked and considered it part of living in the house. They were called unicorns.

I am married to one of those unicorns. He is not a myth. Sometimes he notices things I've missed and vice versa. He is as quick to mop the floor if not quicker than I am. It is more a case of -- I see something that needs doing so I do it -- than anything else.

Our house stays moderately clean and in order.

I love my unicorn.






No comments: