Monday, February 15, 2021

Socks

I make no secret that I like things that are a little different, things that can amuse me, things that can make my eyes happy with their color and design rather than the same old, same old boring whatevers.

When I found a company that did interesting socks www.joyofsocks.com  I ordered pairs designed with books, Klimt artwork, popcorn and several other things. Unfortunately, their Ruth Bader Ginsburgs were sold out. 

 No more pulling the same dull socks on my feet each morning. I can open my drawer and decide which fits my mood instead of looking at a sea of white, black and brown.

In the photo above, I was trying to get a photo of my socks which has books and book shelves when Sherlock decided my mission was to provide him a lap. 

At one time I thought laptops would become more interesting when they were in different colors. One HP even had pretty purple swirls. However, the most important quality about any laptop I own is and always will be can it withstand my heavy usage.

The solution to get that extra little pleasure when I go to my laptop in the morning to start writing was stickers. My beloved husband bought me three dimensional butterfly stickers. Not only do they amuse me, they stimulate my creativity in a way boring boring boring boring black never would. 

Some of the wings are becoming a little tattered so I'm looking for a new look. I'd love to do a mountain scene, but who knows.

In the meantime, every time I look at my laptop of my feet, I get a little shiver of pleasure.



No comments: