Sunday, October 06, 2024

No More Art Work...and then

 

Rick and I decided no more artwork. Our walls were full. We had bought work from local artists as part of my -- only have things that are beautiful, have a memory or are useful philosophy. We've enjoyed all that we added to our home. Art warms the soul.

So much for declarations.

Our good friend K. invited us to lunch at Bartavelle, my lifetime favorite restaurant. Not only is the food a work of art, the owners have started a traditional art gallery above the restaurant featuring local artists, which we had to see.

I followed her up the curvy staircase.

One work, a wall sculpture with a branch and metal leaves, petals and seven birds in different colors, I adored. Still, there was no place to put it that would do it justice.

K. went home to the UK. Yesterday, my husband brought the sculpture home and changed everything on the wall facing our bed. This morning, I woke to see the work. And each day from now on, that will be the first thing I will see bringing joy to the start of my day.

As for memories I will never look at the branch, leaves, petals and birds without the memory of the lunch, time with K. who spent three weeks in Argelès. Had she not taken us to lunch, we'd never have checked out the gallery. I would never have fallen in love with the birds and branch. 

If it weren't for Rick figuring a way to rearrange the wall, K.'s leading us to the gallery, it would have still been a good memory of the shared time together, but everything came together.

No comments: