Thursday, June 17, 2021

Differences

 

This is not about good or bad habits. Just different. And some people may decide I'm unhinged at worse, OCD at best.

My husband Rick was away for 10 days. He's back today.  I've really, really missed him.

The trash can above comes to my thigh. When he is here it needs to be emptied regularly for the trashman who comes 3x a week. Since he's been gone, I've not filled it once in 10 days. 


This is the can where we keep glass. Normally it fills quickly. We need to take glass around the corner to recycle. There's no pick up. This is what I've collected in 10 days.


Switzerland has spoiled us for chocolate. We call it a salad because it's made from plants and magnesium that's in it is good for us. We only want black and high quality. There's almost always a bar open that we will break off a piece. This bar I opened the day after he left. I have no idea how many bars we'd have gone through together.

My method of eating chocolate is once of twice a day the size of my thumbnail. I put it on the roof of my mouth and let it slooooooooowly melt. Heaven. The pleasure is the same or even better than if I devoured the bar in one of two sittings. And although I have a horror of being fat, this method has nothing to do with calories and everything to do with the intensity of the pleasure.

As I said there is no right or wrong, but I'm amused at the differences. We adjust to one another.

 

 

 






 

No comments: