Sunday, June 27, 2021

Tech dream/nightmare


 I have a dream.

A tech dream.

I want to go one day where everything works. All day.

Each day something goes wrong with one or more of the following: wifi, the landline, TV, the mobile, bank, etc. Some days the dishwasher and washing machine contribute to a glitch, although less frequently. Even my iron has gotten into the act by deciding to steam when it feels like it regardless of setting.

I even had a Nikon camera that only worked 10 days before the shutter jammed forever.

Most of our appliances are relatively new.

As for the wifi, it is rumored we will get fiber July 7th, which would mean we could have two or more connections on at the same time rather than check to make sure the other computers and mobiles are off when one of us needs to be on.

I don't think I want to go back to the old days when as a child, I picked up the phone and I could tell the operator, whom I knew, the number I wanted. Then again, it always worked.

I love the idea of what technology is capable of doing it. If only it would do it. Every day.


No comments: