Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Veggie Burger

 



I've been trying to convince my husband to try veggie burgers or meat substitutes.  Never an adventurous eater, he has cited his willingness to try new (and dangerous to him) foods. Many he liked.

Today we tried a newly opened restaurant. I ordered the veggie burger, he ordered the traditional.

Mine was so close to regular hamburger, that I wasn't sure that they hadn't made a mistake and served me real hamburger.

"Try it," I suggested to my husband.

He shook his head. 

Sherlock was under the table. I dropped a piece of the veggie burger for him to try.

You can see his response in the photo. The sample of the veggie burger is next to his tail.

I suspect that my chances of my husband ever trying one went from 0 to -10.

Rick's version is at https://lovinglifeineurope.blogspot.com/2021/06/the-verdict-on-meatless-meat.html



1 comment:

Vallypee said...

This made me laugh, Donnalene. My other half is a convinced carnivore, but he's quite willing to share veggie burgers with me. I'll have to try them on a dog too. That's not a bad reason for getting one – a dog, I mean. :)