Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Teaching children to care.


 

It is the type of video that gives one hope for the next generation.

This Japanese school has arranged the classroom to be like a bus.

One of the students pretended to be an old man complete with cane. One of the children gives up his seat. He stands, pretending to hold onto a strap as the "old man" seats himself.

Then a little girl walks down the aisle holding a baby doll. Another child gives up his seat, stands and holds onto a pretend strap.

A lesson in courtesy. 

Two people on today's bus ride today offered their seat to me. I guess I looked old. Many years ago when I was wearing a loose fitting dress a young artist (he carried a portfolio case) offered me his seat and asked when the baby was due. I told him not till late fall and took the seat thanking him profoundly. 

Watch the whole video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXqJre9exMU

 


 

No comments: