Saturday, March 18, 2023

Book Crossing

  

Book Crossing, Where oh Where?

Years ago I heard of BookCrossing from a friend, but I never followed up.

Then this month, I picked up the book Family Life by Akhil Sharma at one of the old telephone booth book exchanges in Collonge Bellerive, Switzerland, a story about a boy's move from India to America.

Inside was a label. Inside was its label and an introduction.

"I'm  a very special book. You see I'm travelling around the world making new friends. I hope I'm making another friend in you. Please go to 

www.BookCrossing.com

 and enter my BCID number (shown below). You'll discover where I've been."

I did just that and found out my book had started its journey in Edinburgh, one of my favorite cities in the world. When I saw it had also been in Argelès-sur-mer where I have a second home, I wondered if I were wrong about finding it there, but then I wouldn't have brought it to Switzerland where there's many sources of English books. Chock it up to coincidence.

The label said, Read and Release me. I will do it next week when I go by another book exchange. I hope the book has a nice trip.

No comments: