Friday, February 11, 2022

Saving spiders

 


"There's a spider above your head," Rick said. We were still in bed, gentling ourselves into the day.

I looked up. A spider was on the ceiling. S/he wasn't doing much. With the exception of mosquitos, I'm not into killing creatures. As for spiders, to me they are all Charlottes or her children.

I've a couple of friends and my late brother who are/were afraid/terrified of spiders. I've warned them not to read my blog today.

"I suppose you want me to save it," Rick said. He remembered the night we tried to save a mouse from the cat we were sitting. We lost that battle. The mouse did not co-operate or maybe it just had suicidal tendencies.

"Yes."

I watched him walk on the bed with a glass and envelope. It took him two tries and then he evicted the spider from the flat into the cold rain.

"Do you think it will be warm enough?" I asked him. I don't think he believed I was joking.

 

No comments: