Saturday, June 25, 2022

Kebob mystery

 


Rick and I alternate cooking days. Often one or the other decides to "cook" at a local restaurant.

I love sushi. He loves kebobs. Sometimes we go to Vesenaz, the next village. where I buy sushi and he goes next door to get a kebob. The owner is a jovial man. When I join them with my sushi bag, he might tease me about not eating his kebabs. Every now and then I would order one of his other dishes like falafel. 

After our purchases we take the food home.

Thus on Wednesday, we decided on a sushi-kebab run. As I was surveying whether I wanted a bowl or maki at the sushi place, Rick appeared. He had gone to order his kebob,

"That was fast," I said.

"It's gone," he said.

It took me a minute or so to realize that he meant the kebob place had disappeared. The outside looked like always, but inside was gutted.

No forwarding address.

 We'll need to find an alternative like the hamburger car at the Château d'If across the street.

And where did the kebob man go and so fast? 

No comments: