Monday, June 06, 2022

Jubilee

 


Usually the news is enough to make me want to hide under my bed. One can only stand so much war, climate disaster, shootings and crooked politicians.

The Queen's Jubilee was a welcome relief.

The Royal Family has always intrigued me, but not just the Windsors. That the monarchy has survived for almost a 1000 years, albeit with some blips, is amazing.

I like tradition. I like ritual. It doesn't always have to be tradition and ritual over centuries but sometimes that of my own family such as Rick making Sunday breakfast.

Queen Elizabeth was crowned when I was in elementary school. She has always been there. Like her or not, like the idea of the monarchy or not, she has done her best. She has been a symbol and in this crazy world, symbols can help heal.

The clip of the Queen having tea with a beloved literary figure, so much better to watch than stories about guns at least for the moment.



No comments: