Monday, November 28, 2022

M3 Monday Morning Memories

 

Rick brings me tea and a biscuit in bed and crawls in beside me. Outside is gray, not unusual for Geneva in November. About 1/3 of the leaves are hanging on. We are both reading, Rick on his phone, me with a book.
"Marlo Thomas," he says referring to something he just saw. It conjures up memories of "That Girl," "Free to be You and Me," and her father Danny Thomas and his work developing St. Jude hospital.

That led to discussions on people who work for the good of others and I thought of Sheila James, the actress my age who played Danny Thomas's daughter. I loved her pigtails.

As an adult I ran into Sheila James at different women's events in Boston. She was a law student at Harvard.

Once thinking of Boston, the Citgo sign led to other memories about being at Boston University, rats in the parking garage, walking over from where I lived for mixed-in ice cream cones on a summer evening.

We were making more memories just sitting in bed sharing photos on the internet, information. Great start to the week.

 

No comments: