Wednesday, February 22, 2023

People Coming Back

  

Am I ever looking forward to the next few months and it is all related to people. 

People from all over. 

People from many stages in my life.

People I've not seen for far too long. 

Some of the lack of physical contact has to do with geography. When you live on different continents, a quick coffee together is difficult, although I do remember traveling from Geneva to Zurich to have lunch with a much respected mentor and his wife during their layover from Madison, WI to Africa.

My cousin is coming. When she and her photographer husband lived in Garmish, we shared many weekends. Later I visited them in Boston. It has been at least 10 years since we met up in Amsterdam.

Then a university friend is planning a trip as is a former resident of Argelès.

A woman my daughter's age will be here next month. I've seen both women grow into lovely human beings, but often from a distance.

In the fall, a couple who spent many autumns with us will be back. Covid kept them away.

On Facebook, another writing friend reappeared. 

In Argelès we have friends of many nationalities: British, Danish, German, Swedish, Catalan and French of course, who come and go.

Their coming is a cause for celebration.

No comments: