Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Clouds





At three in the morning it starts to get light in Stockholm. We leave the drapes open not to watch the sunrise but to peek out when we roll over in bed or make a toilet run.

The clouds performed for me this morning.

When I first woke, puffs dotted the entire sky. I thought of when Sherlock shredded a toy leaving stuffing in tiny balls all over the floor. We were picking up fingernail-sized pieces for days.

When nature called all the puff balls had met up and formed one big, puffy cloud almost filling the sky.

By five, the puffy cloud had condensed to strips, reminding me of warning tape at the edge of stairs.

And by the time the alarm went off, the cloud had reorganized. The puffs were huge in comparison to the tiny ones, that started the cloud show.

As I write this about six hours later, there is only one oval-shaped cloud in the sky. I wonder if it is lonely for the others who have gone away to an unknown destination.




No comments: