Monday, April 13, 2020

Missing Socks

There are all kinds of jokes about socks getting lost in the laundry.

Years ago, my former housemate Bill Jordan found the solution. He pinned his socks together before putting them in the washer. Not only did he save time and energy matching them up it helped me, as a stealer of his socks. I never had to look for socks that match either.

Sock stealing has continued with my daughter's and my husband Rick.
Rick did curb my sock-stealing by buying me unusual socks. Why steal regular socks if one can steal a pair decorated with popcorn? I think that was his motive. If I love mine, I'll leave his alone.

I pin my socks too but I did it even before my pretty socks. No chance of one disappearing forever in the great washing machine diaspora. 

Viva le pin.

No comments: