Thursday, April 09, 2020

Too many words

I suffer from insomnia many nights.

Oh I can fall asleep alright, but sometime between two and four I will wake. Whatever I've been writing starts pummeling my brain.

Last night, I woke realizing that in the DayCare, the novel I thought I was on my final-final-final-final draft had a continuity problem.

That is a guaranteed bed tosser and turner.

In between trying to work out if it should be Sally, Brenda, Maura or Ashley where I should make the adjustment, two blogs interrupted my thoughts.

I could have gotten up and started work, but even if sleep was avoiding me, my bed was warm. My husband and dog were sleeping blissfully quiet beside me, making me both appreciate and curse them because they were too comfortable and I was jealous.

The next morning, I was at the computer, corralling the words into the chapters where they belong.


No comments: