Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Pandemic Peeping

I have now been to Trevor Noah and Tom Hanks homes. I checked out what kind of coffee machine Tom has, and Trevor explained the bowls behind his couch. Okay they were on television and sheltering from home.



When news stations interview people from their homes or even have their newscasters reporting from home, I get an insight into at least one room in their houses. What impresses me is often the size of many experts' libraries. Some have all visible walls covered with books. I only wish the cameras would zoom in to see what they are reading.

There was one expert whose broadcast was from his bedroom. His queen-sized bed had a nice beige bedspread. 

Another reporter had a beautiful grey-color flat with everything co-ordinated. She likes plants. 

Fred Pleitgen, the German CNN correspondent has a very interesting drape in his Berlin flat.


I spied a painting of a dog on a green background of one of CNN highlights of an astronaut. I was so busy looking at how it resembled the painting Pauline did of Sherlock I forgot to notice the name of the astronaut. The dog's fur was the same color as our dog's BUT his ears didn't stand up.

I can imagine right before they go on camera, they pick up what they don't want the camera to see, or maybe add something that they do want the camera to see.

I've been interviewed more than once for TV, but never for live TV. We didn't want the chess set to show, but the paintings were okay. Our bookcases are not in a good TV shot position.

I wonder why Hanks chose his kitchen. Maybe the counter was a good height for his laptop.



No comments: