Tuesday, July 27, 2021

A fly

 


A fly walked or maybe ambled across my bathroom floor this morning. I wondered if it were hurt. I care about sick or hurt animals and want to save them. I do not feel that way about flies and other flying insects.

I hadn't needed to worry. At the doorway, the fly became airborne. His (or her who knows how to tell) were in perfect working order. Less than a foot from the door, s/he did a 180 came back through the bathroom door, landed on the floor and walked back to his/her starting point.

My husband is an aviation journalist. He has observed test flights. This was light an airplane doing a test flight and returning to the airport.

I didn't kill the fly, not that I have any compunction about killing them. S/he reminded me of me when I leave the house and immediately return for my mask.









No comments: