Saturday, July 24, 2021

More than a restaurant

 

One of my fantasies when we were in lockdown was to eat once again at this restaurant.

Over the years, I was a regular customer, sometimes alone with my book, sometimes with friends. I would often eat there at the end of the week to reward myself for a good week of writing.

The night before Rick and my commitment ceremony, they put on a feast for 16 people who had come from different parts of the world. More than one person said it was the best meal they've ever had. Even years later, they still talk about it.

What a treat this week to once again be able to walk though those doors, to be greeted by the lovely Stephanie and to see Chef Thibault, truly an artist in food, working in the back.

Pictures do not do the food justice. I will never understand how anyone can be so imaginative.



And to hear Stephanie explain the story behind each item, is fascinating.

The restaurant is named after a partridge in Provence. There is a Marcel Pagnol childhood novels called La gloire de mon père. Stephanie told us, "We chose that name because as soon as you read a few lines from Marcel Pagnol’s books or as soon as you watch one of his movies, a smile is coming on your mouth without being aware of that… it’s so simple and so fresh that smile is invading your mind." 

It was a good choice. As soon as I walk in the restaurant, I can't help but smile that stays with me the whole day.

 


No comments: