Monday, July 12, 2021

Stand by your man er...products

 


Years ago I had a puff coat bought from L.L. Bean. The zipper broke after two years. I wrote the company for a new zipper. They sent me a new coat.

My Swiss boyfriend was shocked. He didn't believe companies stood by their products that way. Most don't.

Last year I bought a Nikon camera. Ten days after I bought it the lens jammed. Neither the store nor Nikon Japan would fix it. They expected me to pay for the repairs.

Instead, I will never buy a Nikon product. I will discourage anyone who asks me if they should.

What is wrong with standing by your products?

A coat and a camera do not have major safety issues. Airplanes do. Thus when a company doesn't put safety first, they should no longer be able to fly. Of course, that won't happen.

 

 


No comments: