Saturday, August 08, 2026

Americans and Cruelty

Americans and Cruelty 


SNAP/FEEDING THE HUNGRY

Brooke Rollins, U.S. Agriculture Secretary celebrated kicking 4.3 millions off food stamps. “For those of us that love work and celebrate work and want people to work and not be on food stamps, it’s a pretty big win."

Win for whom?

Legislators in some states seem to care more about letting kids see the 10 Commandments in classrooms than having breakfast. Does a first grader know or care about adultery? 

HEALTH INSURANCE 

What about the idea of having to work to qualify for health insurance? What about those who can't work? 

I'm lucky. I don't live in the U.S. When I had chemo and was too weak to walk to the bathroom alone I didn't have to worry about trying to hold a job. In the U.S. I would have to worry about how to pay for my cancer treatment.

Brooke never has to worry about health insurance. She's well covered by the government. So are all the people who voted against universal health care which citizens in other industrialized countries consider normal. 

Some Americans say they don't want their tax dollars to pay for other people's medical expenses. It's a I've got mine, screw you philosophy.

I wonder why they are happy that their tax dollars go to buy weapons to kill in U.S. direct wars or through aid to the Israelis who  killed 70,000+ Gazians. Is it okay that tax dollars go for weapons to kill Iranian school children but don't provide food for hungry fellow citizens

Go death must be their motto. 

Kids in Cages

I will never understand why every American wasn't horrified to see how immigrant kids of all ages were put in cages. This was when the head of the Trump Crime Family had its first term.

When I was researching my mystery novel, Murder on Insel Poel, I spent an afternoon in Neuengamme Concentration Camp, listening to tapes of Nazi survivors. 

What impressed me, but negatively, was the record keeping. Why didn't the U.S. keep records so the caged and separated children could be returned to their rightful parents? The Nazis didn't have the computers that the Americans have.

Why cage children? 

That U.S. military stranded in the Straight of Hormuz are running out of needed food and supplies. Last year I was at the WWI Musée in Meaux, France. They provided for their soldiers's needs. Why can't the U.S. do the same?

Head Start 

Head Start has been in existence since the 1960s and has given children a start educationally. Cuts proposed are on standards and guidelines and turning the funding over to the States.

All children, disabled or migrant, are eligible.

Details are hazy but there are fears it could lead to less qualified teachers. 

Other Cruelties 

ICE violence in and out of the detention centers is sickening. 

Jeff Bezos can afford an expensive wedding and or a rocket ride but he limits potty breaks for the staff who make it possible for him to have  the wedding and rocket rides. However, in many of his warehouses there's no air conditioning. He is not the only CEO that treat employees as badly or worse than before unions existed.

Humans in American jails, prisons, detention centers often die from violence or lack of normal needed medical care.

Waterboarding on American bases in Cuba is another example.

Workers not allowed water breaks when they are doing physical work in the heat.

Migrants, often without due process and were following the law to become legal, were sent to unbelievable prisons in Latin America before a judge stopped it 

There too many examples. 

For an allegedly Christian nation, there is nothing Christian about this behavior. At best it's primitive, animalistic. Americans like to think of themselves as the good guys. Anyone treating fellow humans cruelly isn't good.  

 

 


No comments: