All my life I've been told the military budget has to be huge, many times other countries' budgets combined to keep citizens safe.
Most of that money goes to equipment, killing equipment, of various quality.
As a child, when there were atomic bomb drills in schools and we hid under our desks, I wondered why a child in Russia would want to drop a bomb on the Lowell Street School.
Watching I Led Three Lives about a double spy, I was aware that such a thing as espionage existed. Somehow I never thought the North Koreans or the Vietnamese would come running through the streets of Reading, Massachusetts guns a blazing.
As I grew up I became more aware of different international crisis. The Cuban crisis happened as I was waiting to join my bridegroom in Stuttgart, Germany.
There were no Nuclear bombs in Iraq despite being told they were.
The last few months our lying government has used the threat of a nuclear Iran as an excuse to bomb and kill. There had been a functioning treaty that the president annulled.
Small boats have been bombed and people killed to keep drugs away from the U.S. No proof. Drug stats in the U.S. have not changed.
Americans are not safe from many things that Europeans/Canadians are:
- Bankruptcy because of medical expenses
- Food inadequately inspected
- Certain food additives
- Certain pesticides
- Guns
- Lifelong or many year debt from education costs
- Corporations and banks
- Over work
- Safety regulations at the work place
So my question is SAFE FROM WHAT????

No comments:
Post a Comment