Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Book Security


Toilet Paper Security

When we first lived together, Rick noting my worry about running out of toilet paper bought so much that even if we both had major diarrhea we had a supply that would last six months. Walking around the stacks in the bathroom was daily exercise. https://theexpatwriter.blogspot.com/2026/07/toilet-paper-and-book-security.html

Book Security

I'm lazy and want to read in English more than French. We spent the summer in our Geneva home getting our reading material from the English Library. They had a summer book sale in their garden. Originally it was going to be all day, but with the heat it was only in the morning.

By 9:00 we were joined by many others thinking not only did they want a chance at the good books, but we got in and out before the heat became unbearable.

We stopped another morning by Pages&Sips to pick up the books we ordered. They were the keepers. Naturally, we needed a scone and tea as well as the books. 

Our 80+ new books are back in France. 

The first thing we did was to invite L over. She's a neighbor, friend, family member of choice. "Put you initial in the books  you want, we'll read them first and give them to you," I said. "Pass them on, put them in the Museé telephone booth-kiosk or keep them," I said. 

The books include history, politics, fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, thrillers, etc. Although Rick and I have different tastes a majority we will both read.

We also have a rather large bookcase full of books, most of which we've already read and need to reduce.

I figure we have book security to Christmas Eve when we give each other a book and go to bed and read, a custom we stole from Iceland.

Wonderful! A sense of security we won't run out of reading matter. 

 

 

 

  

 

No comments: