When we travel we don't buy much maybe a cup for my daughter's collection or T shirt with the name of where we were. One thing we do buy from every place we go is a magnet which we place on our frigo (fridge).
Last week we had to replace our frigo and I wanted a smallish one and the only thing it did was when I opened the door it revealed food kept at a cool temperature. No ice maker. Ice cream freezing space, though was a necessity.
Since I can walk in minutes to my village shops, even if I forget to buy a carrot, a five minute errand (if I don't stop to talk with a friend) is all it takes.
For the frigo exchange, we had to remove over 100 magnets from all over Europe. We decided to organize them when we put them back.
Those shown above are raised magnets. The Scottish one, far top left, even plays bagpipes.
We then put the circles together and the hearts on one side. We have only a few with sayings, including a favorite from the now defunct Newseum in Washington D.C. Since Rick and I have both been journalists, "Not tonight Dear, I have a deadline," is a favorite.
On the center of the frigo door we put all the Swiss magnets. On either side were the countries we visit regularly like France, Germany and Scotland.Both of us had to admit that there were some magnets that we had no memory where we bought them making guesses such as a Mary Cassatt from a painting of a mother and child. Paris is good guess.
It looks like we might have enjoyed it anyway.


No comments:
Post a Comment