In October 2024 Seven students, members of a frat, raped a woman. The university investigated and handed out the harshest penalty possible -- write an essay.
There was no AI to help them do it.
Poor babies. Were their fingers tired from typing on their keyboards? How they must have suffered.
Supposedly after they finished with the group fun, other boys were invited in to have a go. They were never identified.
No exhausting essays to write. Lucky them.
Did you not get the sarcasm?
Why didn't Cornell expel them?
Why weren't they charged and imprisoned?
Maybe some of the parents did say tsk tsk or maybe they wondered where they went wrong in teaching their sons how to treat women? Or maybe they were just grateful no one learned who their boys were.
Some people blame the girl. She should have known better to get drunk in a frat house or at least her parents should have warned her, that a girl/woman should fear her fellow students.
Maybe she shouldn't have gone to a school that has frats and fraternizes. Cornell certainly has a lot. It has been called a party school.
Did rapists have mothers and sisters who they would think it was okay to rape a woman?
If I were really snarky I would ask...Do you think that is the route to being a Supreme Court Justice?
Cornell’s undergraduate tuition is:
- $73,946 per year for endowed programs
- $49,816 for eligible NY residents.
That's a lot of money times four years.
Maybe all the rapists weren't from families with money.
Maybe some parents scraped and saved to get the tuition?
Maybe! Maybe! Maybe!
I've never been raped, but I know too many women who have and the trauma it creates.
I don't have a son, but if I did and my son was a rapist I would disown him and feel guilty the rest of my life that I didn't do a better job raising him. The same if it were my husband, brother, nephew, grandchild. And I would disown my president if he were a rapist.
Oh wait, the president is a convicted rapist.
Notes: The term sexual harassment was coined at Cornell in the 1950s.
https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/cornell-university/student-life/diversity/

No comments:
Post a Comment