Friday, November 24, 2006

Twice in one day

I talked to my kid twice yesterday, once when she was caught in traffic on her way to Boston, one of the 38 million heading home for the holidays. The second time was even better. She was talking from our homebase on Wigglesworth on Skype with webcam so I could see her. Granted it is less than flat screen perfect, but still very, very nice.


Although I couldn't go with them for dinner to the Wayside Inn http://www.wayside.org/ which I had frequented when I lived in New England, Thanksgiving didn't seem as far away as before we talked.

Here in Corsier there is a turkey in the frigo and we will do our own Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.

Giving thanks for the richness of our lives doesn't have to be on only one day, although on that day I did give thanks for two telephone conversations.

1 comment:

blueVicar said...

I'm sorry that I am slow in getting around...but Happy Thanksgiving, albeit belated!

I'm glad you were able to talk to your daughter twice in one day...it seems extraordinary, doesn't it, what a phone call can do? I love being able to just pick up the phone (with our new carrier here, the calls are free) and call loved ones.

I've made a list of posts about Thanksgiving. They are fun to read!

And now you are getting ready for Christmas, I see...whew!

Meilleurs voeux!