Sunday, May 20, 2007

The 38 hour break

I decided to take a 38 hour break from my “work activities” although I don’t consider them work because I have so much fun doing them. Producing this article gave me a sense of pride www.thewip.net/contributors/2007/05/a_chair_can_be_a_powerful_symb.html my tiny, tiny part against the violence in the world. However, I decided to shut the computer off for 36 hours which meant…

  • No emails
  • No writing for thewip.net
  • No working on Triple Deckers
  • No editing
  • No articles for Writers Forum
  • No emails to senators or congress men

Now despite all these things that I love doing, there are other things I take pleasure and do regularly, but I thought I would revel in them so for 36 hours I…

  • Did a café sit with a poet/play writer that I bumped into in a book store
  • Knitted
  • Watched three movies (see knitting, multi-tasking) while I still have Canal Plus
  • Ambled to the beach taking in the scent of the flowers that I can identify as pink, blue, purple, yellow
  • Had sesame encrusted salmon with a hollandaise nappe at La Reserve as I watched white caps dance on the water
  • Took a long nap
  • Read, read, read

Now, I do realise that there’s so much in life I love doing, that maybe I need to compartmentalize a bit…or not.

No comments: