Thursday, June 23, 2011

A portion of my heart has been cut out

For some reason I didn't want to answer the phone and the first words I heard were "I didn't want to make this call."

My friend of 53 years is no longer alive.

I want to call her and tell her about it, the first tragedy I haven't been able to share with her.

We went through all our problems in our teens and twenties and then when things started to get better, we hadn't talked for a while. Then she called, "You know we are more than foul-weather friends," she said.

5 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. 53 years...It's quite a gift.

Sue Guiney said...

I can only imagine your pain... a lifetime of friendship is so rare. My condolensces.

Merc said...

So sorry to hear this, DL.

Jawahara said...

Very sorry to hear about this DL.

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Hey,
Haven't been here in awhile. So sorry to here about your friend.
I've lost loved ones but never a close friend and I've thought about it some lately due to my age, 66. I know my friends and I are not going to live forever. IT's scary, thinking about it. THen again, memories of better times may help. NOt sure about that.
Our friends share so much of our lives and we have certain friends we can pick up with after years apart and only speaking on the phone.
Just know I'm thinking of you. Praying for you.
Blessings. Barb