Monday, June 24, 2019

The animal saga


Rick and I play with stuffed animals, but since Sherlock came into our lives it has been less.

The game really started with my daughter who complained whatever went wrong in her life was because I'd never gotten her a Scooby Doo. She and a friend later scammed me into getting her one.

When she came to live with me for a short time as an adult, and whenever she went out, I had her Scooby do something: iron, bathe in the bidet, get kidnapped, etc.

Years later, Rick, Llara, Scooby, my housemate J and I were all together in Geneva and the game continued. J even took Scooby to the mountains where he cavorted with wooden St. Bernards.

Rick had brought me Petite Cougar because I am his cougar. Petite cougar fell in love with Scooby.





The result was Scooby II. He was a handful. Petite Cougar had a lot of work to keep him under control. His father refused child support, but did recognize him as his own when Scoob II went to Boston to meet his father and half brother.
On a later trip to Boston, Petite Cougar had a brief reunion with Scoob. The result was Giggles, also a handful.



On a trip to Montreal Petite Cougar met Slap and it was love at first site for him. She needed convincing, but eventually gave in, Their wedding was held on the church steps. Friends came and we had chocolate wedding cake and champagne. Slap has adopted both Scoob II and Giggles and is a great stepbeaver/father.

Other animals joined us such as Scowt from Scotland. And Shamrock, the transgender lobster made his/her way from Boston.



A chef where we took Shamrock, grabbed him and returned him on a plate with a slice of lemon and a sprig of parsley.



And there was Sanders, the Bern bear. He joined us in the fun. And misc rabbits.

 
Meanwhile, besides taking the animals on trips such as to D.C, we thought up adventures for them at home.



Even our friend Lydia, played with them. See above. We got home just in time to rescue Shamrock and scold Sanders.


What has been fun is to see other people's reactions when we set up the photos. One woman as she watched Scoob withdraw money from a French ATM, asked in English, "Would you like to tell me about this?" and in D.C. as Giggles and Scoob II talked about the White House, a young man asked, "For you grandkids, right?" We gave him a short version. He may have been sorry he asked.

Waiters have been known to provide a beer with a straw: a musician sat Scoob at the piano (he doesn't play well).

What I love, is Rick or I (and people like J, Llara, Sofia, or Lydia, get a gleam in our/their eye and off the animals are to their next advantage.

As for me, growing up is not on my to-do list.






No comments: