Friday, September 25, 2020

Autumn? Fall?

 


The Brits call it autumn.

The Americans call it fall.

I call it "thank god I survived another summer." Heat and I are not friends.

Autumn/Fall is my favorite season for three reasons.

1. Cool air

2. Leaves change color (not like New England but still beautiful)

3. There's a sense of it being a new year from years of starting school either myself or my daughter. As a PR/Marketing professional we knew September was a good time to start new programs.

When Rick took Sherlock for a walk this morning, a whiff of cool air entered the flat.

Leaves have covered the patio and have hidden the grass in the garden. Earlier in the week, the gardener had removed every one. Next week he'll remove the leaves that are there now and will have fallen over the weekend.

Rick said that the falling leaves sound like rain. 

We will probably head to Argelès from Geneva mid-October.

There is one tree in the garden that turns the most brilliant red. I hope it changes before we leave, but then again we might wait a little longer to see it.

Autumn/Fall is walks in cool air, tea and/or hot chocolate after, wind tickling my cheeks. It's getting dark early and putting on PJs, crawling into bed with a book or settling down with a DVD, Netflix or a program. Of course, Sherlock and Rick are there and maybe ice cream or popcorn. We might do that in the summer, but it is not as cozy.


Autumn/Fall means preheating the bed and bringing out the mink and snuggling under it. The photo is another mink. It means when going to the bathroom in the middle of the night with my feet on cool tile floors and crawling back into the bed, turning over and seeing Rick and Sherlock asleep and I know all is right with my world.


 

 

No comments: