Sunday, July 17, 2005

My Daughter and Prince Albert

One Swiss Sunday paper carried an article on who Prince Albert of Monaco should marry.

I have a candidate -- My daughter.

She is a beautiful blond, who when her hair is in a chignon could carry the same icy elegance that Princess Grace did. Her tiger tattoo, would keep the press happy with articles about its significance.

One of the writers thought he should marry a businesswoman. My daughter has a degree in business and is working for an international headhunter. A few summers ago she thought if she were tanned enough, she would resemble a goddess. “A goddess of what,” I asked?

“Goddess of Management,” she said. Certainly a goddess matches any royaltyness or celebrityness, the prince might require.

And although she does not speak French, she does speak German, and has spent enough time in Francophone countries to know she could add a third language without much difficulty if it were a job requirement.

Certainly the chores would be interesting, running balls, overseeing a château, doing charitable work, producing an heir or two.

I have not proposed the idea to either Prince Albert or my daughter. Some things need to happen on their own. I wouldn’t want to be considered an interfering mother-in-law so early in the game.

No comments: