Saturday, July 21, 2007

Taking photos at Migros




















The orange post-it was left on the bar of the shopping cart I pulled out to do my groceries at Migros.
Peches
Abricots
Pommes
Lait
Aubergines

Whoever the list belonged to enjoyed the same things I do with the exception of the milk. And I appreciated she took an orange post-it to Migros. Considering I am a colour co-ordination freak, matching this to that and that to this at the drop of a colour chart, my appreciation went up. I couldn't resist taking out my camera.

As long as my camera was out, I decided to take a photo of the display of patriotic items on sale for 1 August, the national holiday. This will be the 716 anniversary making it one of the world’s oldest existing democracies.

The manager of the store bustled up to me and asked me what I was doing. He wasn’t nasty. Perhaps he thought I was a spy for Co-op.

“I’m a new citizen, and I want to show my family the August 1 celebration,” I said.
At that he smiled. “Congratulations.”
Of course he hadn't seen me take a picture of a very unpatriotic shopping list.

No comments: