Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Greedy greedy greedy

I am greedy.

I live two lives in one.

During the last week in either life, I sadly let go one as I reve up for the other with excitement.

This week I'm saying goodbye to the street parties, the café sits, the walks among the gardens and up towards the mountains, the local fruits and veggies, the knowing of almost everyone I see from the moment I leave the house until I come back. Leaving is sad.

I look forward to my rose room, the messages from the basement where my housemate is working to my computer where I'm working on the 1st floor European, second floor American for lunch at Marro, Miko, or Manana or or or. I look forward to DVD nights with champagne and shrimp or veggies and dip or old fashioned popcorn.

I look forward to seeing my writing friends.

I look forward to wandering into my housemate's room and out on her balcony to see the lake and Jura.

I look forward to a stroll in the vineyards...by now the should be lush.

This trip I won't be spending much time in CH with trips to Germany and Canada planned, I'm looking forward to that too.

And I realise how greedy I am to want it all all the time. I must remember to be so grateful that I do have it all over and over and over.

It's been a wonderful summer. Coming up...a wonderful autumn.

No comments: