Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Crisco and security

"We are doing a Thanksgiving dinner," my daughter told me on Skype. "Can you get Crisco at the American store for the apple pie."

Never thinking, I happily packed the can in my suitcase until we hit security and my carry on (all Easyjet allows) was pulled aside.

The security man, who was probably in his 20s pulled out the can and held it up. "What is this?" he asked in French.

"It's for a Thanksgiving apple pie. I'm taking it to Scotland where my daughter is cooking the meal for her friends."

The conversation went on including the recipe.

He put it back in the suitcase and zipped it up.

"Have a nice Thanksgiving," he said.

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Hee, hee. It must be the science teacher in me. I was expecting a debate as to whether it is a liquid or solid.

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Crisco makes the best pie crust ever. My daughter just returned from visiting England and Scotland. It was a toss up as to which she loved best. She said she fell in love with York.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving with family.
Blessings.