Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Scotland Weekend


Visiting my kid in Edinburgh was truly a gift.

However a second treat was meeting The Major, owner of our hotel which is also the club site for the Guards. He was dressed in kilt, tie, shirt and vest and we talked for just under an hour as he told me how as a tyke he had sailed from Newfoundland to Norway only to have the Germans confiscate his father's boat.

Another boat was lost to his family when the builder went bankrupt. And his father's suggestion about putting him in school was not impressive.

We spent most of the time enjoying pub grub, scones, walking around the city between construction projects (even more than in Geneva if possible) and having a great meal with her flat mates.

We've booked the hotel in May when my daughter will do a half marathon.

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I can only long for the places you've been.
Hope you are enjoying all the travel.
All my best to you.