Thursday, May 16, 2013

It doesn't have to be boring



As a bride in Stuttgart Germany, we put the trash out in silver-coloured metal cans exactly like our neighbours creating a line of identical trash cans identified only with a tiny, tiny nameplate.

Booooring!

I suggested to my now ex-husband, that we paint tiny red roses on them to make them pretty.

He said no.

That's not the reason he's my ex.

Computers used to be boring-looking too until Apple came out in colours. I bought a mini computer because the blue colour would be perfect with both my room in Geneva ANd my nest in Argelès. There was a dusty rose mini, but that wouldn't have worked colour-wise in Argelès. My current laptop has a pretty design etched into the cover.

Mailboxes usually rank high on the boredom scale. Over the years, on different walks, I've found a few that aren't. Yesterday in the mountains, I came across the these.

 

There is something heart cockle warming about the creativity of taking the mundane and giving it a twist to make it special.



No comments: