Sunday, February 25, 2024

Anti migrant? It could be you!

 


This morning I woke up very early in a warm bed. I needed a lamp to read my book before getting up.

Outside my window, a few birds landed in different branches in the tree in my garden.

My breakfast would be toast, maybe a left-over scone. Should I drink tomato or apple juice? I still have half the tea my husband brought me.

With every cell in my body, I'm aware of how lucky I am to have all of this unlike the millions who are living under bombs, without shelter, without food. 

I did nothing to deserve this. It was an accident of my birth.

Yet this could change in this crazy, violent world as people vie for power in too many countries.

If not by man, an earthquake, a volcano, a fire could change everything.

I will never understand the people who are anti-migrant, anti-refugee, people who probably would not be able to survive under the same conditions that those poor people have survived.

No comments: