Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Protecting Oneself

If I were working for a university, some government offices or certain corporations I might be punished for writing this. If I had been invited to speak somewhere, the invitation might be withdrawn.

I don't care. I'm so frustrated with hearing Israel has a right to protect itself. 

I don't disagree. 

What is frustrating is that so does every country. Protecting oneself does not mean killing and starving 33,000 people.

Israel attacked Iran's embassy. Iran protected itself by striking back.

You attack us, we attack you is not a good way to peace.

I am not anti-semetic. I am anti-Israel's government bullying of other countries. 

Until my mid-twenties I was 100% pro Israel...then I met a a number of Palestinians, and the more I met I learned there were two sides. 

I am also ashamed that my birth country's weapons have helped kill people in Gaza. At least the weapons industry is happy while the survivors will have had only more hatred for their enemy generated.


No comments: