Sunday, January 09, 2022

Invitation difference

 

Covid has made a difference in invitations from our friends.

 

A British couple, who has asked us for coffee and cake, added, "We've been jabbed three times." They said they could build a fire, but we could either have the windows open or sit in their garden if we worried about the virus. At the moment the Tramantane is blowing making garden sitting much too chilly.

I've been jabbed three times, my husband twice and is waiting for his third jab. It depends on how they feel about him whether the day will come off.

Friends who knock at the door ask if we want them to keep their masks on. Depending on their jab status.

A boy of 18, a kid I kinda watch out for, arrived. "I tested negative yesterday," he said in French then hugged me. 


We had dinner with Swiss and French friends, January 6 as part of the three kings cake celebration. All of us have been jabbed. 

Three years ago, none of this would be a concern. We might be cautious if someone had a cold.

Now when we enter a restaurant, some stores, museums, hospitals, and other public places we hold the code on our phone to a reader. The word comes back quickly we are safe to have on their premises.  

I have no problem with this. I know I am safer. I know I am not endangering others as well.

I only wish everyone had the three jabs.



No comments: