Saturday, January 29, 2022

Sking, Polo, Golf

 Despite living in Switzerland since 1990, I was never at an Alpine ski resort during the season until this week. Part of the reason, I don't ski, prices are higher and the crowds are bigger.

Then when my husband announced he was going to participate in a hickory snow golf tournament in St. Moritz, I was thrilled. The one last year was cancelled. Covid. This year's was not.

 

We drove from Geneva through breath-taking scenery, but I've often described Switzerland as a postcard.

Our hotel was everything you'd want in Swiss hotel with its folksy wooden furniture. Room numbers were combined with flower stencils, different for each room.

Rick dressed in the obligatory 1920s costume for traditional hickory club players and off he went.

What will I do today?

Watch an ice polo match. What else?

The match is  Having never seen polo on ice grass, I'm off in a few minutes to witness it for the first time. If it's too cold, in walking distance of the hotel.

No comments: