Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Enough is enough

 I'm tired of death.

Earlier this week, my husband told me he saw a neighbor walking her Afghan Hound. Her partner, he said died early this week. It isn't that we are close friends, but we chatted frequently.

Then in an email from a former colleague, he told me his wife died. He and I had shared many a political and literary discussion. The three of us had shared pizzas and fondues. 

Then within a half hour, I saw one of the most influential teachers I had as a senior in high school had died at 89. He was responsible for much of how I think. His repeated saying, there are no shades of black or white, just shades of gray had for decades make me think beyond the original statement. 

As I age, I expect this will happen more and more. I will never like it.

No comments: