Monday, June 06, 2005

Dibs and Dab

1. M6 (TV station) now has a morning exercise show. For years I’ve done some form of exercise on waking from jogging to sit ups but am delighted to have something to exercise to. However there is less cellulite on the long-haired, long-limbed women gyrating on my screen than I had at 10 so I can’t even blame it on age. One reason I don’t join a gym, I prefer to be a clutz in private.

2. Criticism for the lack of black artists on the upcoming Live Aid concert. Why is it no matter what someone tries, someone attacks it?

3. The Brits are floating the idea of a road usage tax having cars pay for each mile they use varying from a few pence to £1.34. I bet if American ever had a $1.00 a mile tax we would suddenly not be driving to the store next door in the same shopping mall, and begin car pooling big time. Money could be used to finance public transportation. Anyone who knows me, knows I detest any non fuel efficient car. Anyway, although maybe not in my lifetime, oil will run out. Dinosaurs are refusing to die to form more fuel. I doubt if the taxes will happen.

4. Someone who reads my blog regularly asked if I ever wake up and say another shit day. I do intend to write about the positive. My “bad day” yesterday was discovering my milk frother didn’t work, my satellite company changed my subscription so I didn’t have BBC prime, and a light bulb burned out. Since France has many different type of light bulbs instead of a standard screw in model, I need to do a safari for a replacement. Any annoyance at my “bad day” was swept away by BBC’s reports on Dafur. I must remember that I and everyone I know live better than 99% of the people who ever lived in the world. I will return the milk frother, the TV is now back to normal, and the light bulb safari is a project for today.

5. For some reason I have had a tremendous prgnancy-strong craving for corn flakes lately. I mix yoghurt and fresh figs, add bananas and then the cornflakes so they don’t get mushy. I am sure I will get back to the crusty bread from the local bakeries at some point.

No comments: