Friday, October 21, 2005

IHT vs. me

I’ve always liked the IHT. However, they have a limitation on articles that web readers have access too. You must be a subscriber. This would make sense except for one thing. Most of the articles they limit have already appeared on other web sites.

Each time one appears I email them article along with the note I don’t need their subscription I can get it elsewhere.

What strikes me is how stupid can they be? It’s a little bit like limiting air people breathe. It can’t be done in this connected world. If they limited exclusives that were only on their site it would work. Now if they are not bright enough to realise this, how good is their reporting? Hopefully the same dummies who made this totally unrealistic policy aren’t the same people putting the paper together.

No comments: