Saturday, January 28, 2006

Fake Coffee Real Memories

Years ago when Llara was little my roommate and I bought International coffees as a treat thinking how sophisticated it was that we were drinking what was being drunk in Vienna etc. At the time we lived in an apartment complex with streets named for poets.

Only later when I lived in European did I realize what a phony thing those coffees were, that no respecting Viennese or any European would deign to let those pale imitations pass their lips.

As I watch the snow fall I am drinking hot tea made by heating the pot and using real leaves, the advertising manipulation causes amusement. The memories of anticipation of a treat on our limited budgets and the sharing weren’t phony. It is always the small pleasures that create joy.

No comments: