Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Early morning trips

As a news junkie, the first thing I do is to flip on BBC when I wake and watch the news as I do my morning exercises. BBC has this wonderful service (also seen on other stations) where they life-photograph cities around the world. What makes me feel good, is many times I know the exact spot they are showing in cities around the world.

I’ve seen Geneva, the quai Mt. Blanc, which is definitely an ahhhhhhhhhh moment as they pan my well-walked and well-loved path. Today it was Stuttgart, the city I lived in as a bride near the schloss where I walked Kimm, my German Sherphard and where I developed my love of this continent and living outside my own culture (when you live outside your culture long enough, some of it becomes your culture).

When it isn't a city I've visited, I get a mini tour of the world before I do my first sit up.

No comments: