Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Deprived of tomato juice

On the flight to Detroit on Northwest from Paris I had tomato juice when they offered cocktails. I had water with my meal and then with the snack served before landing I asked for more tomato juice. I had one of those cravings so strong that it could be attributed to a pregnant women, except that I am far too old to be pregnant.

“I have orange,” the attendant said. He was polite.

Orange juice causes my skin to become teenaged bumpy, and I do succumb sometimes when it is fresh, but I am not going to risk acne for packaged juice.

“Apple?” I asked him.

“I can only serve orange,” he said.

“The others must be popular,” I said.

“Oh we have them, we are only allowed to serve them during the first service.”

I made a mental note to not fly Northwest again.

1 comment:

Rashenbo said...

That is a major bummer. I've never not been able to have at least apple juice. Sorry about that. The flight otherwise was ok?